--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ted Tagami <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am playing with an episodic short format right now, and have a goal to
> complete such a project by Spring. From a distro standpoint, it would be a
> series of short vid (3-5 min range) released once per week over a few weeks
> and be over.

I'm trying something like this right now on my vlog. I've been thinking a lot
lately about
"show" formats and talking to other vloggers about it in the flashmeetings and
through e-
mail. I completed a short film this year and have broken it into 15 serial
segments. I'm
releasing them every few days in order.

This is all experimental for me, I have no idea if/how this will go over.
Rather than chat up
my own vlog here on the list, if you're interested in hearing me blather
passionately (i.e.
"inarticulately") about this project you can listen to Clark (ov Saturn) and
Jake from L.A.'s
podcast, where we talked via Skype about it -->
http://audio56.archive.org/1/audio/iPPteeVeeEpisodeNo2/
iPPtee_Vee_Episode_No._2_3.mp3

At any rate, I'm real excited to hear that Ted and others are talking about
trying stuff like
this. In a recent flashmeeting Schlomo said something like "The videoblogged
murder
mystery is coming, it's inevitable" and I am anxious to see where and when this
will
happen, and how the new format could affect how the story is told. Ted, I'd
love to hear
more about your project and what you think could come of it. if you don't want
to talk
about it on list feel free to e-mail me.

Amanda Congdon gave a presentation at the Convergence South confrence a couple
weeks
ago about this subject. Her intro: "I'm dying for shows!"

i guess I am too. Not because I don't like the personal non-formatted stuff (I
love it!!!), but
because I like shows ALSO and would love to see some from a perspective outside
of what
Jay called "traditonal distribution (lack of) choices"

thanks for the great discussion guys, you folks are brainy and cool I LOVE THIS
CRAP!!!

Yee-haw,

Dave