I disagree. I believe it was an "Open Media" Summit, not an
Open "Media Summit". There is a big difference. There was an open
text chat that was available for a portion of the event, although it
appeared either to break down or maybe no one was chatting on it
after about 2pm EDT.

And there was a public link to a live streaming video that showed
(for the 20 times I tried within a 45 minute span of time) a 404
error.

I believe the event was said to be archived, including the text
chat. Not sure where, though. I haven't bothered to look.

By its very nature, the world is fractured into A-listers and non-A-
listers. Just as it is fractured into B-listers and non-B-listers,
men and women, adults and children. By choosing to label a group,
you create its existence. There will be popular tools, popular
people, popular servers. This whole thing is not about "popular",
it's about the long tail. For the vast majority, choosing to live in
the long tail will be a peaceful experience, except when you look at
any part of the tail thicker than your part and label those "N-
listers", or "M"-listers and continue to think that they have more
than your part. After all, you are only an P-Lister...heading
towards the Q. So am I. So are we all.

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - Pocket PC *direct* RSS text, audio, video,
podcasts
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "johngaltsjournal"