--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Deirdre Straughan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> FWIW, last week I converted many of my old videos to m4v for iTunes. I
> simply added them as second enclosures in the relevant existing RSS
items.
> iTunes sees only the m4v files, everyone else sees one or the other
or maybe
> both. Doesn't seem to cause any problems.
>
> Be aware that it takes iTunes a long time to update its catalog; I
finally
> got my picture back yesterday after I messed up something last week,
and it
> finally caught up with most of the new posts as well. (This only
affects the
> listing in the Music Store - if you refresh the "podcast" by hand in
your
> list of subscriptions, it picks up the new material immediately.)
>
> It's kinda cool being in there, and I had over 900 m4vs downloaded just
> yesterday. Good thing I upgraded my hosting this month...
>
> --
> best regards,
> Deirdré Straughan
>
> www.beginningwithi.com <http://www.beginningwithi.com> (personal)
> www.tvblob.com <http://www.tvblob.com> (work)

Are m4v and H264 the only supported formats for the iPod (for just
iTunes isn't regular quicktime MOV supported)?  Are there other
methods besides QT7 Pro to encode in m4v or H264?  Is there an info
sheet on this for encoding to iPod (this may have been covered
partially by a prior post by Verdi.)

   Thanks,

   Enric