The individual has its limits. Overrated. Overstated. An integral part
of many myths that have become deeply embedded in most minds on the
west in the lsst 100 years, and more noticable the last 40.

Quite how much of it is a myth will become apparent sometime in the
next 2 minutes to 20 years. Back to reality we shall go, a reality
where everything gets local, where the needs of living humans again
return to take precedence over the desires of the individual.

I strongly support aspects of invividual freedom which enrich the
human experience. But no man is an island, and most humans are deeply
social beings. Individuality is a worthless and loathsome quality if
it cannot seek nourishment from others, if we continue on our slippery
slope towards insane isolation.

Clearly the individual is an important aspect of blogging etc. But its
not just about the individual, otherwise thered be no need for the
web. If it were only about stuff like Jays concept of his videoblog
being a scrapbook of his life to look back on, then there would be no
need for the web side of this at all, people would not need to
publish. Its completely valid to look at it as a scrapbook, but thats
only part of the picture. Multipurpose, self, community, inward
facing, outward facing, waffeley versatile.

Steve of Elbows