>From your description of problem I cant really guess what part of your
ipod is malfunctioning, but its certainly not supposed to do that. I
have heard that Apple may have relaxed their returns policy somewhat
for the new ipods, they dont want to create bad publicity by being
nasty with the returns policy, and over here in the UK some ipod Nano
screen problems got a lot of bad press recently.

Its always possible that there are some inherent design flaws in any
product, time will tell if there are above average unreliability
issues with any aspect of the new ipods.

Theres no inhrent reason why adding video fucntionality to the ipod
should have decreased reliability, unless they made a mistake in the
design somewhere.

If you were happy with the video ipod before the fault developed, I
would sek to get a replacement and would not expect to pay any silly
charges. Do you ahve an apple store near you or did ou get it mail
order or from another retailer?

Steve of Elbows

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just bought one of the new video ipods worked great for a couple of
days and screen just
> started going white I reset worked for awhile same problem came.  I
got it to finally come
> on again attempted to reistall software computer went through
proccess of doing so ipod
> lied there in total blackness.  Finished reinstall and back to a
total white screen.

> I think this whole video Ipod thing is real cool and there may be
some potential with the
> whole vlogging community at $300-400 bucks is main stream public
going to watch video
> on these video Ipods.  When mine worked I thought it was pretty cool
I am still under the