> can content that doesn't have thousands of viewers a
> day make money?

I think so.

I have found when it comes to making money it's all
about sales.  You're either selling your skills to
your employer, selling Ice Cream on the beach, selling
seats on a tour bus, or selling advertising.

If your video blog is hugely popular sure you can sell
advertising to a wide variety of buyers, but if you
want to make money with a video blog that only has a
few thousand or even a few hundred subscribers I'm
sure it can be done.

The first thing that comes to mind is being
"Sponsored" by an outdoor outfitter chain for your
Geo-Cashing video blog, or self sponsoring with your
own business and have your travel video blog's 500
subscribers fill your tour bus which you then enjoy
the trip yourself video blogging.

And if your lucky you can make money doing a video
blog you enjoy doing.

In the end I have always been told there are two ways
to earn a living, a job that you work at, and just
being rich...

Since I'm not rich, yet.. I'm still trying for the job
I work at that "Feels" like play...

I'll get there eventually.
-Chris
http://www.theramblingloggerhead.com