My brother just installed the PSP software and as long as you have an
uptoday version of quicktime will read/transcode/transfer my MOVs.  He
really likes the software so far.

As for the rootkit thing...
Yeah.  It's not a rootkit in that its not really being used to elevate
anyones privledges ... but it is in that it's a hidden application
that even the sys Admins likely cant see or uninstall that runs with
very high privledges.

And I think you hit the nail on the head with "Bad taste ... but
probably not evil" read on it ...

Still i think Sony will have to reconsider hiding software from the
system owners / administrators to avoid a PR nightmare.

--
http://www.DavidMeade.com