> If you provide a syndication feed of your content, aren't you
> already presumably opting in?

Thats my feeling - at least if you're using a cc license it is.

On 11/5/05, Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Part of the problem is that they probably can't have their software read
> which license is used.

Well there is an RSS extension for the cc license I think.  I mean ...
they COULD ... they just aren't.  But all of the 6 mian CC licenses
"allows for redistribution".  Not Download.  "Redistribution".

If you put a link to a file on your website you are actively inviting
the world to click/download it.  Are you not actively inviting the
world to syndicate content if you actively provide a syndication feed?
 (thats not to say those syndicating the content shouldnt be held to
ALL terms of the license ... but a feed was made available to them to
use as long as they do.)

With a CC license you are also (at least usually) "allowing for redistribution".

Maybe with a full copyright you could ... ah hell I dunno ... IANAL :-P