On 11/8/05, Bill Streeter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well flash, of course. The advantage of flash video is that it's
probably the most compatible format there is for Internet viewing.
Of course the disadvantage is that it's not easy to create a flash
video,

Sorenson Squeeze does it very nicely and easily, costs $99. You can choose your bitrate, and independently set audio bitrate and window size. I change the settings depending on what's in the video (and how important the audio is) to optimize filesize while trying not to compromise the viewer experience.

and it's not easy to download,

No more difficult than any other file, if the poster provides download links.  On my pages, you can easily view source code and see where to download it. Plus Josh just did some Greasemonkey stuff that will grab it all.

and it's not compatible with
any portable player (at least the popular ones) and aggregators
cannot easily pick it up.

FireAnt downloads and displays my Flash videos from my (Feedburner) RSS feed just fine, many other feedreaders also seem to. My one feed includes both SWF and M4V enclosures for most items. iTunes only picks up the M4Vs, others are variable for no apparent reason (but I haven't tested many).

--
best regards,
Deirdré Straughan

www.beginningwithi.com (personal)