Hmmm, and does this mean you have to distribute your podcasts in Audiable's proprietary format (the one used for the audio books)?

interesting related posts by Jake Ludington (hi jake!)
http://www.jakeludington.com/ask_jake/20050607_unlocking_audible_books_legally.html

and Mitch Ratcliffe (of Audible) from last week (great post and comments)
http://www.ratcliffeblog.com/archives/2005/11/measuring_podca.html

so waddaya think? An Audible codec for our videos so people can get better numbers?

-markus

P.S. Note Dave Winer's comment in Mitch's post:

"Audible Posts 3rd-Qtr. Loss of $189,000"

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/051103/apfn_earns_audible_inc.html?.v=1

Hmmm. I guess I was wrong, and their business is prospering after all.

LeanBackVids.com wrote:
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that "Audible Inc. is introducing
a tool to help advertisers measure how many people are listening to
podcasts, the Internet-based audio shows that are downloaded to
listeners' computers."

http://tinyurl.com/8dztl

http://apperceptions.org
http://digitaldojo.blogspot.com