--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Randolfe Wicker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jack Nelson says:
> "I don't see why watching old movies make you unable to stay young. I'm 55
> years old
and
> love old movies, new movies, vlogs, classical music, rock music, computers
> and the
> internet. They are not mutually exclusive. Certain peoples brains may exclude
> any of
these
> things, but that is their problem, not the media's problem."
>
> Movies reflect the values of their day.  There is nothing wrong with watching
> selected
old movies.  However, many people become trapped "in their times" by becoming
fixated
on movies made only in one time period while totally ignoring current offerings.

yeah, I agree with you there. I'm advocating being open to all styles, genres
and time
periods. These sort of people that are trapped in their times are not the ones
who are
going to seek out vlogs anyway. They've planted their butts in front of the TV
already

> The problem with the media in general is that it is a vast wasteland.  I have
> two hundred
channels to choose between and sometimes can't find one mentally stimulating
thing to
watch.

Again I agree with you. I live in Mexico and we have 4 channels. We had cable
for a while
and had maybe 30 channels. I had it taken out because there was no more value
in 30
channels than in 4. I was in NYC visiting friends and they had hundreds of
channels and
there was still not much to watch.

> Letting media "sink" to the common mindless level is a social tragedy.  That
> is why we
have entertainment-style journalism that focuses on the lives of celebrities
instead of
important news of the day.

You're an optomist. I'd say the reasoon we have entertainment-style journalism
is to take
our minds off how much government sucks

> We used to have guidelines that required so many minutes of news, the right
> to free
"equal time" to those attacked in the media, so many minutes for public service
announcements, etc.  That has all gotten lost.