Theres plenty of ways to make compatible mp4 files on the PC, I have
no definitive list but anything that can make standard mpeg4 and AAC
will work if you use the right settings. Eg Nero Recode, Quicktime
Pro, apps that access Quicktime as an export option, ffmpeg (probably)
and a variety of apps that will appear at prices ranging from free to
$40 that probably use freeware encoders at their heart.

I also tried at least one PSP converter that works - files work on
both PSP and ipod.  (not h264 though, PSP h264 wont work on the ipod)

For making h264 thats ipod compatible there is less choice and this
probably confuses the issue. Give it a few months and most things that
can handle mpeg4 and AAC will probably ad ipod export option.

I promise to put a comprehensive guide on a wiki or other community
site, I just need a spare day to sit down and do real testing & get
up-to-date, things are changing fast at the moment.

Unfortunately Ive no idea about Adobe Premiere Elements, sorry.

Steve of Elbows

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM