I don't fully disagree with you.

I see the panning problem on the television too, and it will most likely go away when 1080p DVD player (and media:) arrive.

The trade-off is accessibility, if the choice is a pixel blur during a pan vs not being able to plat the video then we all know the answer.

Regarding allowing users to upgrade would that not apply to the Windows player as well?