> > mefeedia and FireAnt, the two tools that have grown out of this
> > community,  are really just gettting revved up.

Indeed.

Of course Apple, Yahoo, Microsoft, you name it are building tools for
videoblogging. The importance of independent tools lies in 2 things:

1) It shows the way to the big guys, then they just have to copy, but...
2) ...we build our values into our tools. This is the most important
thing. For example, in FireAnt there is always a link back to the
vlog. For example, all the open tools respect RSS. And so on... It is
very easy and subtle to build "closed" technologies, the differences
are often subtle but have a big effect.

Apart from that, Mefeedia is right now just plain the best place to
find videoblogs.

Perhaps in a year from now, vlogs.yahoo.com will be the best place to
find videoblogs, or perhaps not :) Who knows. But meanwhile I am
committed to building the absolute best site I can, and to make sure
all the videobloggers are represented in there. In a future of
1,000,000 television channels on the internet, it's important to have
independent places where people can find videobloggers. Here's the
deal: the Time Warners/MTVs/... of this world are busily working on
building great places where you can find 1000s of hours of commercial
video. Who will build the places where you can find the independent
videobloggers? Not them. And apparently not Brightcove. Anyways,
enough with the preaching already! I'll shut up now.

Cheers!
Peter

http://us.click.yahoo.com/eMf55D/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM