From: Enric
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 6:52 PM
Subject: [videoblogging] Re: "How Old is Dick Cavett?"

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Randolfe Wicker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]...>
wrote:

> "Leading
> off with an entirely irrelevant and possibly antagonistic question and
> expecting to get the attention and respect you want isn't a relationship
> building strategy. You become know as the asshole with the camera
instead of someone worth talking to."

> Well, forgive me for being curious.  That question was driving me
crazy.  I thought Dick Cavett was in his eighties.  When I guessed his
age as being 75, I was being very kind.

> I object to this nonsense about "being ashamed of one's age".  One
of the first things I'll voluntarily tell you is that I am 67 years old.

> I'll happily become known as "the asshole with the camera".  I've
always asked the hard and unexpected questions in interviews.  That's
why my early radio interviews got rave reviews in the New York Times,
The Herald Tribune and Newsweek Magazine.

> Cavett did tell me to "Shoot! Shoot!" when I asked permission first.
I "shot" and he gagged on my simple question. I think he over-reacted
partially because he was offended by my 'kind' quess that he was 75
years old.

> I really expected him to smile and tell me he was 83.  I was
actually 'innocent' in my offending of him.

> Yeah, "asshole with a camera"?  Watch out when I'm around!
>
> Now, I'll have to do some gooey nice arty stuff to balance my
reputation.

> In fact, I'm editing a "Vlog In Stone" comprised of an amazing
sculpture exhibit they have in the airport in Atlanta.  I guess I'll
just have to risk my new notoriety and transform myself into some sort
of "art-loving
> fag with a camera".
> Randolfe (Randy) Wicker
>
> Videographer, Writer, Activist
> Advisor: The Immortality Institute
> Hoboken, NJ
> http://www.randywickerreporting.blogspot.com/
> 201-656-3280

I get the impression you want attention.  Which of course is fine.
Just not enough by itself to keep my interest.

  -- Enric

Plaid