Well, since I recognized the original poster as a recent signup for
vSocial, I figure I should jump in. We're supporting 90% of videos that
are being uploaded (some people are still trying to upload SWF and just
raw html.. I guess we're supposed to extract the embed tags?), the only
format we're still having issues with is RM. We've also just -- and have
yet to announce/change site text -- upped the per-file limit to 100MB,
and we don't cap the number of files. Also we transcode to an
easily-embeddable flash format with neat player (that brings comments,
tags and sharing functions with it), transcode for video iPod (I have a
videoblog tutorial on this in the can, need to edit) AND keep/syndicate
the original upload, for things like mefeedia and FireANT (direct,
onsite links for the original file and iPod/PSP compatible MP4 going up
tommorow...). We also have all kinds of really cool, unique tools that
let you *do* things with the videos uploaded (although, this
functionality is going to be extended further to other providers in the
-- this -- community, more news on that soon) Sooo.. I'd, personally,
put us on that list, as well.

Joan Khoo wrote:

> I will testify that since I've signed on to blip.tv <http://blip.tv>,
> I had no problems with uploading. Definatey go with them.
> Joan
>
> On 11/23/05, *Jay dedman* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     > I'm having trouble finding a reliable, free video host. I've
>     tried everything and nothing seems
>     > to actually work. My videos are usually around 10mb so it cant
>     have to small a limit. Of
>     > course I've used ourmedia.org <http://ourmedia.org> but lately
>     it seems not to work at all. Very discouraging. Please
>     > help!
>
>     ourmedia is the front end for the Internet Archive.
>     the great thing is that thney will store your videos "forever".
>     they become a part of the public space.
>     the bad thing is that, as you say, its not really meant as a
>     relaible server.
>
>     Blip.tv <http://Blip.tv> is a great free hosting service.
>     they are run by good guys..who are part of this community.
>     they may charge in the future..but everthign you upload now will be
>     served for free..and you will be warned when they start charging for
>     future uploads.
>
>     jay
>

>     --
>     Adventures in Videoblogging
>     <http://feeds.feedburner.com/Momentshowing>

>     <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Individual
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Individual&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Typepad&w4=Use&c=4&s=51&.sig=IkmOF87iVVg5aOV5s-5ShQ>
>
>       Fireant
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fireant&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Typepad&w4=Use&c=4&s=51&.sig=H15DYYUHQoulfARYZSKttA>
>
>       Typepad
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Typepad&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Typepad&w4=Use&c=4&s=51&.sig=bK2vbSrJUIzcRadddW7krQ>
>

> Use
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Use&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Typepad&w4=Use&c=4&s=51&.sig=RO46LszR1YSPWsK2mib1pA>

>        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

Brad Webb, Director of Social Media Technology

http://vslabs.vsocial.com/
vSocial | Custom One Media, LLC
51 W. Third Street, #301
Tempe, AZ 85281