I had put "make TV" in quotes precisely because "making TV" is not what most of us are after, but that is how we are perceived by many "outsiders."

"It is not a matter of them being professionals, because the moment you
gave one of those professionals a camera, computer, and internet
connection and told them to go make an extremely compelling vlog
alone, it would end up being just like (if not worse) than ours."

That's a very tall claim, and insulting to the professionals who give us beautiful things to watch. There are a lot of people out there who know a lot more about visual storytelling, camera angles, lighting, etc. than I do. Professional equipment is only part of the story. I'm sure that Ken Burns could take the footage of my interview with my dad and make something a lot more compelling out of it (not to mention that he would have gotten a better interview to begin with), even using the same lousy camera and cheap editing software that I did.

That doesn't bother me - if anything, it gives me something to strive for, and I'm enjoying learning. But I don't kid myself that I will ever get or even deserve a Ken Burns type of audience.

--
best regards,
Deirdré Straughan

www.beginningwithi.com (personal)