On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 19:15:08 +0100, Enric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't see the relationship.  Cinema and the subset of the edit is
> linear, hypertext is non-linear.  This seems more poetic simile
> mismatch than illuminating.

It was just a quote. Obviously it helps to read it all. :o)

Cinema is non-linear before you decide on the edit as well. And when
hypertext is read it too become linear (you choose one path out of a group
of possibles). The difference is that there is one central person doing
the edit in cinema whereas in hypertext the edit is performed individually
with each reading. The point is that in cinema is that the in-between
clips is part of the meaning and the same in true in hypertext (with the
reader creating the in-betweens, making a huge change). Did that help at
all?

- Andreas
--
<URL:http://www.solitude.dk/>