Hey Steve:  What you are saying to me is that you simply changed the
extension from .mov to .mp4 and it worked on the iPod?  I'm confused.
 Because I did not do the export to .mp4, selecting the "baseline"
thing that Michael described.  Rather, I made a DVNTSC 640x480 movie
from the original DV movie.  I then exported it Movie to iPod
(320x240), and simply changed the extension from .m4v to .mov.  It
should have that "main" profile.  But since you say it plays on your
iPod,   I'll go ahead and change the extension to .mp4 and upload the
video to the server again.

Thanks for you help.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM