No I could not get that one to work, it wouldnt copy to the ipod. I
cannot analyse the file to work out why, perhaps it is not baseline,
but I have no software that can tell me whether it is baseline or main
profile.

Also in an email to me recently, you asked this:

"Hey Steve:  What you are saying to me is that you
simply changed the extension from .mov to .mp4 and it
worked on the iPod?  Because I made a DVNTSC 640x480
movie from the original DV movie.  I then exported it
Movie to iPod (320x240), and changed the extension
from .m4v to .mov.   I did not do the export to .mp4,
selecting the "baseline" thing that Michael described.
 So I'm confused."

Im sorry all this stuff is confusing, I will try to make sense but I
may fail ;)

When you use the 'movie to ipod' option in quicktime, it creates a mp4
file that is the right sort of h264 mpeg4 to work on the ipod. But
Apple decided that rather than call it a .mp4, they will use .m4v
instead, which is confusing. So some people prefer to rename the file
back to .mp4, and it will still work.

If you do a manual export to .mp4, selecting baseline, it is creating
the same kind of file, it just doesnt automatically resize the footage
like the 'movie to ipod' export does, and it does not use the silly
extension .m4v

You cannot rename files created with either of the above methods to
.mov because they are not .movs.

You cannot make ipod compatible h264 .mov's by just using the normal
'export to quicktime' option and selecting h264 as the video codec,
because this does not create baseline stuff, and so is not ipod
compatible.

If you want to create a .mov that works on the ipod, you have 2
options. You may avoid h264 altogether and use the older kind of mpeg4
(or 3ivx), many peopl edo this as it ensures that the video clips will
play back on computers that dont have quicktime 7.

If you want a .mov that is h264 and is ipod compatible, you have to
export to a .mp4 file of the right sort (baseline) and then reload
that mp4 into quicktime, and save it as a self-contained movie.

Well I hope that maes some sense, Im a bit tired at the moment so I
may have made a mistake somewhere.

Steve of Elbows

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM