Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 10:50 AM
Subject: [videoblogging] Re: Porn on mefeedia??

> I wouldn't go with G, PG, X type ratings... As mentioned, 'adult'
> doesn't always mean X, etc. Perhaps following the iTunes model of
> marking things as 'mature' or 'explicit' or whatever might work.
>
> For people not logged in, I would filter out all 'mature' content. For
> people who are logged in, provide a checkbox for whether they want
> 'mature' content displayed to them or not. Don't the various search
> engines do something similar with the results they display?

Good ideas. I am taking the "light" approach here: take it easy on the
fixes. Step by step. In a month or two, I am sure we'll add some more
features.

> There's a distinction between 'porn' and 'kid-safe'

yes. The kidsafe tag is a good example:
http://mefeedia.com/tags/kidsafe

> know that I'm sometimes not even sure if I should want videos in
FireANT
> when my kids are in the room.

Yep. It's a complex issue. I just want to make sure we provide
solutions that scale and that work, but don't censor. There is enough
censorship out there.

Peter