Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Re: Porn Shmorn. Grow up! There's real life going on.

Perhaps. I'd argue that that decision is up to their parents.  I first
got online in 1992 or so, and I guess I would have been about 12 or 13
at the time.  My parents didn't choose to be involved in what I was or
was not looking at, content-wise.  Granted you could say that in 1992
there wasn't much general awareness of the "dangers" of being online,
but my dad was savvy enough to know what was up..he just didn't feel
the need to make an issue of it, because he felt I had the common
sense to make appropriate choices.

But who knows, for some other parents, sure maybe they want to filter
that out.  But the point is, the onus is on the consumer (parent) not
on the content provider.  As the saying goes, if you don't like it,
don't watch it.

-m