--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "strollingbones2"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I picked up a Verizon cell phone a couple of weeks ago, and I am quite
> satisfied with it on two out of three areas.
>
> I'm satisfied with the phone as a multimedia capture/send device. The
> pictures aren't bad and I can post them directly from the phone to
> Blogger. The 15 second video clips aren't bad either and I can send
> them to any e-mail address. You can't post a video to Blogger directly
> from the phone just yet, but I'm sure they are working on it.
>
> Typing out text messages on the number pad is tedious -- but you can
> also record a voice-memo to describe what the photo or video is about
> and attach it to the same e-mail. Slick.
>
> I'm also surprisingly satisfied with the Verizon V-cast network. The
> selection isn't amazing but there's enough stuff I want (Daily Show,
> CNN) to justify the monthly fee. The streaming video quality is very
good.

> I am not at all satisfied with the phone for web browsing/videoblog
> viewing/email receiving.
>
> I can't for the life of me figure out how to watch any videoblogs on
> the phone. No Rocketboom, no MobuzzTV. It's strange to me that the
> phone can capture and send 3GP video and WAV files in an email, but if
> somebody emails files in those formats to the phone, nada. If my wife
> sends a long text email to the phone, it cuts it off after a few lines.
>
> All in all, it's really quite amazing to me what this phone can do.
> I'm sure these things will continue to improve.
>
> Is there a Yahoo! Group where people devote a lot of attention to
> phones the way this group devotes attention to videoblogging?
>
> Eric
> http://strollingbones.blogspot.com

As municipal wide wireless gets implemented and new standards for
wireless get put in pace, new devices will allow megabit voice and
data.  I just listened to a podcast from AttentTrust on Wi-Max:

http://attentiontech.podshow.com/?p=17

It looks like a new wireless standard will start coming out in 2006.
And I think we'll begin to get standardized access to broadband on
mobile devices that will do much that desktop systems can do.

  --Enric

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2jUsvC/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM