On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 02:32:51 +0100, Jay dedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> this is interesting.
> its a list of known blogs circa 2000:
> http://www.jjg.net/retired/portal/tpoowl.html

I'm not on it! I got my first Blogger blog in October 2000, and if I had
one a ton of other people had them. That list looks like the A-list. :o)

> there's no really directory for text blogs that i know of...did they
> not think to do it?
> how will we be more successful?

You're assuming that the lact of a directory is a problem.

The total number of weblogs is an issue (22.3 million and counting
according to Technorati). Weblogs.com have been unsuable for anyone except
robots for years because of this (it is however extremely valuable for
robots).

The deal is that video-only blogs are seen as something that should be
categorized on a blog-by-blog basis. Weblogs (and mixed-media blogs) are
categorized on a post-by-post basis. A directory doesn't make sense, but
something that helps me find what I'm looking for is (ie. blog post(s)
about what I'm looking for). Video-only blogs haven't really adopted
blogging in this respect.

It's always dangerous to predict the future, but I can try anyway. I think
video-only blogs will take directories to heart because people can't
decide if they're blogging or making tv for iPod and PSP. Text blogs and
mixed-media will continue like they always have because it's a better way
to categorize blogs.

- Andreas
--
<URL:http://www.solitude.dk/>