Well, the links on my site usually stem from one of two things:

1) I had some sort of interaction with them that I enjoyed and probably
remember in
relation to Vloggertown.  So I put them on my videoblog so I can remember my
neighbors.

2) They had something on their site that I enjoyed for my own twisted reasons.
Not
necessarily because I think they have some Great Body Of Super Video or
anything;
probably just for one video.

I don't think many of these people in my sidebar don't even link back to me--
and why
should they?  I don't admit I know the drunk in the corner sleeping in his own
puke, but
actually, I know him very well.  I see and talk to him often, but I don't have
to admit it in
public!

I don't think many of these sidebar links on sites are there because of
anything other than
because they like the content or from some sort of interaction with the human
behind the
site.

But of course, if you want someone to notice you linking to them still works
better than a
webring... but don't expect the linklove recipricated just for that reason
alone.  If it did,
sites like Rocketboom and human-dog would have a page FILLED with
recipricals...and
that, for a directory, would help noone.

But what do I know about why other people link... this is just why I do it.

(posting twice today because I had two cups of coffee before food..)
schlomo
http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
http://bayarea.node101.org

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Randolfe Wicker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Petertheman says:
> "Second: we as vloggers, for some reason, aren't really linking a lot
> to each other's videos. I'm not sure why that is."
>
> I think linking is frequently done on the basis that the more links you put
> on your site,
the more hits you get.

> For that reason, at least with websites, you link to anyone who will link
> back to you.
>
> I have noticed some vloggers who have great vlogs and who link to others who
> have
outstanding vlogs.  However, I also have seen people with a long list of links
that are
essentially meaningless.

> Someone should develop "explained" linking.  In other words, if I link to
> jonny goldstein
(which I have) I say (great humor).  That would help people decide if they were
interested.

> If this can be done and I just don't know how, excuse my ignorance.  Has
> anyone done
this?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/9QUssC/lzNLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM