--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Randolfe Wicker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks teaspace, I bought this mike.  It really isn't very good.  Actually, I
> paid $69 for it
at B&H a few months ago.  On zoom, it helps a wee bit but "shotgun" makes the
sound
terrible.  You are better off not using it at all.

I'm not sure what level of professionalism you are after here, but I have a
pair of Radio
Shack lapel mikes (about $25 each) that I use for interviews. It's not as good
as a wireless
mike and you could probably do a better job with a boom mic if you had a boom
mic
operator, but it's a hell of a lot better than any built in mic and for $25-50
you can't go
wrong. These are wired mics, so this would not work if you or the subject were
walking
around, but for interviews it works OK. I'm pretty sure they make a wireless
version too.

> There is another mike that sells (lists) for about $150 and I'm not sure if
> that is just
more of the "bad" stuff.  Maybe, to get good sound, I'll just have to get a
3-chip camera
with a mike jack. I don't like them because they are so large.  Big cameras are
intimidating.

This is a slippery slope you're treading here. You can easily spend as much as
or more
than your camera is worth on sound equipment and there's always a better more
expensive way of doing it. People make careers doing just sound, and they use
thousands
of dollars worth of equipment.

> Randolfe (Randy) Wicker
>
> Videographer, Writer, Activist
> Advisor: The Immortality Institute
> Hoboken, NJ
> http://www.randywickerreporting.blogspot.com/
> 201-656-3280

t=ms&k=Individual&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Typepad&w4=Use&c=4&s=51&.sig=
IkmOF87iVVg5aOV5s-5ShQ>
>   >           Fireant
>   >     <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Fireant&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Typepad&w4=Use&c=4&s=51&.sig=H1
5DYYUHQoulfARYZSKttA>
>   >           Typepad
>   >     <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Typepad&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Typepad&w4=Use&c=4&s=51&.sig=b
K2vbSrJUIzcRadddW7krQ>
>   >
>   >     Use
>   >     <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Use&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Typepad&w4=Use&c=4&s=51&.sig=RO46
LszR1YSPWsK2mib1pA>
>   >
>   >
>   >