Hi everyone,

My colleagues in Atlantic City that are involved in the AC Roughcuts
vlog (www.acroughcuts.com) are now having their elementary school
students experimenting with a software package called Kar2ouche
(www.kar2ouche.com) to produce videos. Kar2ouche is multimedia
storyboarding software that lets kids select from a large collection of
avatars and animate them on various backdrops, like fairytale scenes,
shakespeare plays, etc. The animation is very simplistic - most kids
just use it to move a character slowly across a storyboard at one frame
every few seconds - but theoretically they could animate the avatars at
a higher rate. The final product can be output as a flash animation or a
quicktime file, so AC Roughcuts has just started posting quicktime
videos of student Kar2ouche stories.

The software comes with educational packages, like their shakespeare
series, so kids can create storyboards based on specific lesson plans.
But the kids are also using the avatars from the various collections to
create stories from scratch, as can be seen from the first Kar2ouche
vlog they recently posted.

http://www.acroughcuts.com/2005/11/multimedia-storyboards.html

I'm not aware of anyone else using Kar2ouche for vlogging, and it's an
interesting idea. I've gotten a copy of Kar2ouche and plan to experiment
with it to see how useful it can be, beyond the basic storyboarding
example demonstrated above.

Has anyone else encountered this software before? Any thoughts on how it
could be used by vloggers?

andy

--
Andy Carvin