Thursday, December 8, 2005, 2:07:41 PM, videoblogging@yahoogroups.com wrote:
> Best video editing software

>   o Sony Vegas
>   o Final Cut Pro
>   o Final Cut Express
>   o Pinnacle
>   o Adobe Premiere
>   o Adobe Premiere Elements
>   o iMovie
>   o Windows Movie Maker
>   o Avid DV Express
>   o Ulead
>   o Video wave
>   o Avid Free DV
>   o Roxio Videowave
>   o Magix
>   o Video Explosion

problem 1, it's missing plenty of names

- Ulead make at least two distinct products (VideoStudio and
MediaStudio Pro)
- Pinnacle make at least two distinct products (Studio and Liquid)
- What about the rest of the Avid lineup?
- What about Let's Edit and Edius from canopus
- I use and love Serif VideoPlus 4
- I own and occasionally use ArcSoft ShowBiz
- I own and occasionally use Cosmi Video Editor
- I can't see any of the open source video editors there
- Does Quicktime Pro count as a video editor
- What about AfterEffects and all the other Compositors?
- and I'm sure there are plenty more.

And there isn't even an "other" choice in the poll.

problem 2, "best" for what?

- If you need to read or write certain formats, the choice is limited
- if you only have one particular platform, the choice is limited
- if you want to work in HD, the choice is limited
- if you want to burn a DVD, the choice is limited
- many other things act to narrow down the choice.

In short, I'm not sure a poll like this can ever get any useful
results.

Anyone want to rephrase it?

--
Frank Carver   http://www.makevideo.org.uk