Once an image is opened you can change it's duration in the viewer.
You don't need to duplicate it.  Just move the timeline pointer
forward and set the out point.  If it's in the timeline, you may be
able to context (ctrl-click), choose duration and make it longer.
This doesn't always work if it thinks the media is at it's length.

  -- Enric

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Harold Johnson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Paul, I appreciate your advice.  I believe I'm going to stick
with
> FCP, though.  For one thing, iMovie is much too slow at importing
the .mov
> files I create.  FCP simply opens (or imports) them up right away.  The
> cannot overemphasize the difference in time that it takes.
>
> So once I create an image, what do I do?  Simply open the image?
Duplicate

http://us.click.yahoo.com/I258zB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM