Wahey, cheers Jim. Perhaps there is more hope than I thought that DivX
will rethink their strategy after seeing the ipod & friends appear on
the scene.

Its perfectly possible I suppose to offer options in DivX to create
standard mp4 files for use with ipods etc, as well as maintaining
options to output stuff that requires divx decoder and may look better
or compress better etc.

I sincerely hope thats what happens,after all Nero have got their own
silly name for mpeg4 'Nero Digital' and a certification program with
matching encoder profiles, but their Nero Recode app can still spit
out totally compliant .mp4's for use with Ipod, and PSP compatible
ones too.

Steve of Elbows

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.QUssC/izNLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM