he way I see it, mp3 support was an easy choice for podcasting to
make, because mp3 had already become the standard for audio downloads,
and portable hardware players.

The same might happen with mp4 eventually, but it will take a while.

We can actually find something to thank Apple for, as they could have
made the ipod to only work with .mov's, rather than .mp4 as well.

Im pretty optimistic that things will go well for mp4 on the encoding
& hardware mp4 creation side of things. The browser & hardware mp4
playback part of the picture is not so far advanced, time will tell.

Steve of Elbows

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM