On 12/7/05, Richard Bennett-Forrest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I know for a while there people in the usability world were split
between being with Nielsen or against him, but I've been out of it
for a few years now, so I don't know if that has changed.

The feeling hasn't changed much, just aged some. In my day job, I'm very much part of that community. (www.36partners.com and www.ixda.org) Folks have come to accept Nielsen because he brings publicity to the community. But they are divided about his pronouncements. The typical criticism echos Richard Show's. Lack of subtley, questionable assumptions, etc.

I know I looked at this article and thought it seemed (typically) bold for data so slim and for an experiment with such narrow parameters.

Pundits and gurus... sigh.

JS