No, Sony deliberately limited the PSP, you cannot play video files
from memorystick that are the actual resolution of the screen.

The limit is something like the equivalent of 320x240, so probably
only 76800 or so pixels allowed.

Sony probably do this to give people a reason to buy UMD videos for
the PSP, as they work at full res. With older firmware they didnt even
allow H264 off the memorystick, but they relented on that one.

Apparently another problem is framerate, it wants 29.97fps movies
which isnt very nice for people whose video is PAL.

Couple that with the silly filename issue, and the 'need to do
something special to the atom structure of the mp4' issue, and it
makes the whole PSP thing much more of a nightmare than it need be.

When I get a new TV for Christmas I will evaluate how ipod with
480x272 clip compares to same clip on ipod at 624 x 352.

Steve of Elbows.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Meiser

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM