On Dec 13, 2005, at 8:54 AM, Pete Prodoehl wrote:

> Bill Streeter wrote:
>
>> I wanna know what dictionary defines video blogs as personal?
>>

> I'm pretty sure it's the Verdi Dictionary.  ;)
>

> Pete

That is totally wrong. I do feel like I have to consistently defend
the genre of videoblogs who's "theme" is the person who authors it
because they're always be written about in terms of "boring",
"rambling", "[not] consistently entertaining", etc. Though, I have
never said that those types of videoblogs are better than any other
type. I'm the person who has been saying over and over again "let's
not define it". It's too early. People need to experiment and play
with things. Now, we have built up a definition collectively by
creating work (which is mostly personal) but I don't think that is
the end of it. This is all just getting started. Wait until there are
not just 2,000 videoblogs but 20,000 or 200,000 and there are not
just 100,000's of viewers but millions and tens of millions. Maybe
then we'll have collectively defined something. My guess is that by
then there will be a lot more diversity than we see now.

Verdi

--
Me: http://michaelverdi.com
R&D: http://graymattergravy.com