Mike,

It's a very good question and I think a lot of people do this. If you have a consistent short intro then people come to associated it with your vlog. I would recommend exporting it as a high-quality video, because you can always compress it each time to whatever extent you want with the whole video, but if you save it as a compressed video you can't uncompress it.

In fact, I would recommend that you have a short thing at the beginning and END of your video with a url of your vlog at the end. I watch a series of videos via my TV and it's a lot easier for me to identify what goes with what if the files are demarcated with common beginnings and endings and this way, no matter where your video finds itself, your information will be included.

I usually save files like this in a "common" folder or something like that so it's easy to get to.

... Richard