Our tactic in this regard has been more often to work with others to
propose specifications or extensions to existing specifications.

We've been involved with the development of Media RSS, which was a
very open process as opposed to the way the iTunes extensions were
simply imposed by Apple. We've also been involved with the
Microformats community and have often put in suggestions to
FeedBurner.

I don't like the idea of people having to rewrite their feeds to
conform with this service or that. If they conform to the existing
standards then they should just work.

-Josh

http://us.click.yahoo.com/9QUssC/lzNLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM