I just decided to "learn" how to vblog. It actually doesn't look to
bad except that I can't get past a very basic step.

I went to the Free Vlog tutorial at: http://freevlog.org/#compress

I am using a Dell 4550 PC and have Windows Movie Maker. So I opened
WMM and dragged and dropped an video clip (.avi) onto it while I was
watching the tutorial video on compressing with WMM.

On the tutorial it says to click on "Save Movie" and then go to
"other" and to NTSC 768 etc.

Well for the life of me I can't seem to find the "Save Movie" button
and options to do the "other" and NTSC 768. [in fact that whole row is
missing I see the menu items -file-edit-view- like in the tutorial and
I see the row of items below that has undo, redo, tasks,  collections
and that window, BUT the row with "Save Movie" "Send" "Record" is
completely missing).

I did a get info about "Movie Maker" and it says "Microsoft Windows
Movie Maker Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519: Service
Pack 2) Copyright 1981-2001 Microsoft Corp. Windows Movie Maker
Version 2.1.4026.0

Do I have an old version that needs updating? Or am I just blind
(probably)?

I can't get past step .5 on the compression of the video so I can then
upload to ourmedia/internetarchive.

Can someone please help me here?

thanks,

Joseph Puentes