Jeffrey,

First of all, thanks for your kind words about rocketboom!

Second of all, keep in mind that this list consists of approximately a skizillion people, and you'll find that those conversations you're talking about are carried on by a small minority. I've been on the list for about 7 months (which is a bout 50 vlog years) and, all in all, the people are very cool and most of them recoginize that the arguments are silly. In fact, some of those who are involved in those types of discussions even recognize they're silly but find them entertaining. (I must admit, secretly, don't tell anyone, that I actually find a pervese enjoyment myself in reading long threads involving arguments about silly things interspersed with flames and attacks ... good drama to me).

Also, just to throw in a shameless plus, I did officially end the whole issue of what a vlog really is in one of my earliest videos, so all these other arguments are just after thoughts.

http://www.richardshow.com/2005/06/richard-defines-video-blog.html

... Richard