I agree. I would suggest that he further categorise his lecture topics that would fit into 3-5 minute videos. I would think most students would only want to review certain aspects rather than a whole hour of a lecture. The upside of this is that it allows him greater flexibility in chopping and changing his lectures/lecture topics and have smaller videos to edit and deal with. It would be more convinient for students to download key points they want rather than a whole lecture (take up less bandwidth for shorter time). Downside is that he has many little videos to edit and post.
Just suggestions from a recently graduated, frantic note taking and filing uni student.
Joan
http://rantingsofjoan.blogspot.com