Good ideas frank!

I may try some out and see what happens.

but the credits might be kinda long.

- Ian

On 21/12/05, Frank Carver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Wednesday, December 21, 2005, 9:36:07 PM, Ian Mills wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knew of any programs that you use to make
> credits (as in the long scrolling text you see at the end of movies)
> and which are free. dont say movie maker or fcp. since i have movie
> maker but i dont like how the credits are laid out on those and i dont
> have final cut pro...as I dont have a mac (yet..) or have access to
> one.

It depends a bit on how long your credits are. Either way, don't
forget the low-tech solutions:

1. Write or print out your credits onto a long piece of paper (or a
wall, whiteboard or other large surface. Then film the piece while
moving either the camera or the surface.

2. Make a tall, thin image in a paint program containing all your text
and pan down it using your video editing software. Some editing
software can also pan across vector files such as WMF, Illustrator, or
Flash.

3. Make your credits in your favourite text layout program, then do a
"screencast" (ie. record what appears on the screen or in a window) as
you manually scroll down the document - the free "camstudio" software
is good for this.

--
Frank Carver   http://www.makevideo.org.uk

Individual Fireant Typepad