The Next Big Thing will be videogame casting.  (Gamecasting, I guess it will be called.)  Delivering games via RSS or something.  I don't know what I'm talking about.  But anything can happen...

Actually, what I think is going to develop is more and more interactivity within the videoblogging (and podcasting) space -- specifically, the technology will develop to where you can search the audio or video for specific words or phrases or remarks, etc.  Once that technology works well, then we'll be able to easily insert our own responses to the video and put that back out there; a video commenting system, so to speak.  This will probably take *years* to develop to where it really works well -- or at least, to where it works well enough to be really usable. (Maybe a decade; hopefully it won't take that long.)

There are already audio applications arriving that claim to do this -- or something like it -- but I'm not certain any of them actually *work as advertised*.  Does anyone know if there are any video applications in development that do this kind of thing?  Even if it's not very usable yet?  I'm an early adopter; I'd play around with something like this, even if it didn't work the greatest yet.

Harold J. Johnson
Something That Happened
(Podcaster Herald is on vacation)
http://SomethingThatHappened.com