I use QT7/Tiger and I use 3ivx Dual Pass - it is the best size/quailty ratio
after much
experimentation.  The h.264 is a little smaller with the same quality but takes
much longer
to compress - plus the biggest drawback is that it requires QT7 to view.

What is the bug? I haven't noticed any problems.

Will

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Watkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> but a bug made it useless with QT7/tiger. However there is a
> workaround for that bug:
>
> http://forums.3ivx.com/index.php?showtopic=83898
>
> For many people it may not be worth the extra time/hassle of going for
> a 2-pass solution, it depends how much you care about
> quality/filesize. Try both, and see if the results are worth it.
> 2-pass should be as much of a hassle as it is with 3ivx (manually
> starting 2nd pass & doing bug workaround).
>
> I think the qt7.0.3 ipod video export option uses 2-pass, another
> reason why its so slow.
>
> Steve of Elbows
>
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Harold Johnson
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > What was the point of two passes anyway?  I'm unfamiliar with this.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Harold
> > http://podcasterherald.com
> >
> > On 12/30/05, Michael I <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Great!
> > > The days of 1st pass 2nd pass are over!
> > > Thanks for the info.
> > > Aloha.
> > > *andrew michael baron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:
> > >
> > > I have Tiger, QT7 and 3ivx 4.5.1
> > >
> > > I encode to single pass constant bitrate (or single pass average
> bitrate
> > > when file is too big) at 6400 kbits/sec [error in software makes this
> > > setting confusing, but thats what I set it at]
> > > compressor quality med, high or best, depending on motion
> complexity of
> > > footage (I usually preset at med).
> > > maxium quality Quantizer is around 90%-100% (usually 95%)
> > > minimum quality quantizer is around 10%
> > > frames per second is 15.
> > > keyframs forced every 300 delta frames
> > > half-pixel motion and four vector motion engaged.
> > >
> > > Audio is AAC 44.1 128kbs
> > >
> > > On Dec 29, 2005, at 10:35 PM, Stan Hirson, Sarah Jones wrote:
> > >
> > > I've been doing some tests with 3ivx and QuickTime, but have not been
> > > getting� file size economy� that is any better than MPEG4 or
> H.264.�
> > >
> > > I got the idea of usinig 3ivx from the Rocketboom tools
> documentation. It
> > > was very helpful and generous, but I'm afraid I need some more
> guidance
> > > aboput specific settings.� The whole subject of compression has
> been,
> > > quite frankly, something that I've been avoiding because it is so
> confusing
> > > with its own language and parameters that, to me, don't make much
> sense.�
> > >
> > > I am developing a vlog that will a lot of footage of horses in
> motion. I
> > > am trying to keep the bit rate as low as possible to avoid
> stuttering while
> > > showing some sense of motion as clean as possible on DSL bandwidth.
> > >
> > > What I am looking for from this list is some pointers to
> instruction about
> > > compression that is somewhere between the Freevlog tutorials and

t=ms&k=Individual&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Typepad&w4=Use&c=4&s=51&.sig=
IkmOF87iVVg5aOV5s-5ShQ>

t=ms&k=Fireant&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Typepad&w4=Use&c=4&s=51&.sig=H1
5DYYUHQoulfARYZSKttA>

t=ms&k=Typepad&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Typepad&w4=Use&c=4&s=51&.sig=b
K2vbSrJUIzcRadddW7krQ>

t=ms&k=Use&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Typepad&w4=Use&c=4&s=51&.sig=RO46
LszR1YSPWsK2mib1pA>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]<videoblogging-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM