Wooof!! nicely siad andreas,

By the way it was me who posted this originally.... Leave Enric alone, he's a nice guy.

Paul

On 2 Jan 2006, at 22:37, Andreas Haugstrup wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 23:28:15 +0100, Stephanie Bryant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> time. Each subsequent offense is worth 10 years, and the rules were
> supposedly retroactive, meaning they could get you for not having
> documentation even before you were required to keep it.

I'd like to call bullshit on that. Democracies have checks in place to
avoid retroactive legislation. As I refuse to believe the USA to have a
system silly enough to allow this kind of legislation I looked it up. And
indeed retroactive legislation is "Prohibited by Article I section 9
(applying to federal law) and section 10 (applying to state law) of the
U.S. Constitution."

- Andreas, watching FUD at work.