    Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 16:28:00 -0800
    From: Markus Sandy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Newcomer to the list in S.F.

welcome Leslie!

a bunch of us are getting together on Monday evening in SF

see http://meetthevloggers.org for details

please join us if you can!

markus

Leslie Guttman wrote:

> Hi vloggers:
>
> I just joined the list, and instead of lurking, I thought I'd introduce
> myself. I'm a print journalist in San Francisco who is really intrigued
> by vlogging. (I worked at the S.F. Chronicle for a long time and am now
> freelancing for magazines). I'm interested in seeing how I can
> incorporate vlogging into what I do, a big part of which is features,
> where I follow people around, sometimes for a while. Big Rocketboom
> fan. Hope to meet some of you at MacWorld next week. Leslie
> _______________________
> Leslie Guttman
> ph: 510.528.8606
> fx:   530.688.4835
> http://www.leslieguttman.com

Message: 11
    Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 00:40:16 -0500
    From: Jay dedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I just joined the list, and instead of lurking, I thought I'd introduce
> myself. I'm a print journalist in San Francisco who is really intrigued
> by vlogging. (I worked at the S.F. Chronicle for a long time and am now
> freelancing for magazines). I'm interested in seeing how I can
> incorporate vlogging into what I do, a big part of which is features,
> where I follow people around, sometimes for a while. Big Rocketboom
> fan. Hope to meet some of you at MacWorld next week. Leslie

welcome Leslie.
its exciting to see print journalists jump into videoblogging.

check out what Sandeep is doing.
he is also a print journalist, freelancing for NY Times.
after doing an article on videoblogging, he decided to try it himself.
last summer he posted on the web that he was going to go to India to
record people who have AIDS. He got 7,000$ in donations.
this was enough for him and friend to spend 6 weeks in India.
Its a great videoblog.

http://www.livesinfocus.org/

jay

--