Hi everyone,

I've got a bunch of footage from my recent trip to Tunisia that I'm
trying to edit into some short videos, but I'm really unhappy with the
audio quality from my new digital camera (Canon A610). It's producing a
lot of crackle and hum whenever I shot in quiet places.

I'm playing around with the audio filters in Final Cut Pro but since I'm
pretty much an audio engineering novice, I have no clue how to use the
filters to reduce the noise.

Here's an example:

http://www.andycarvin.com/video/badaudio.mov

It sounds like there are crickets in the background. There aren't. Any
suggestions on specific audio filters I should use? I've tried playing
around with hum remover but so far no luck.

thanks,
andy

--
Andy Carvin