i'd agree with josh/andreas that over 3 mins is often too much,  i don't think this is directly related to my attention span (e.g. i'm a big tarkovsky fan), but purely due to the fact that i'm usually at my computer and multitasking when i watch them, and often have lots of them to watch!!
in terms of file size i guess i'm still pretty old school, i feel bad if i post a video over 5mb!, but saying that i often get annoyed with people making huge files for stuff that doesn;t contain much visual information, what is all filesize used for?  it just clogs up my fireant queue (although now the mac version has browsing things could be getting better for me !! )

(p.s. steph, is it you thats writing "videoblogging for dummies?", how's it coming along )