On Jan 15, 2006, at 9:26 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

over the weekend my friend's 7 year old brother, justin, grabbed the mini dv and began walking around the house; instead of dismissing him like we usually do, we viewed the videos he had saved on the camera and we got this:

I'm not getting but a few seconds... I don't know why, but it just won't play... It's 2.9 mb but perhaps it's 900kbs so that's well just a few seconds. Am I missing something?

untrained, he gave his own commentary and he did so simply b/c he was inspired by the videos section ( http://collegewit.com/index.php?cat=15 )  of the College Wit site that he always hears his sister and i talking about

I wouldn't say untrained... ok, untrained.. .but talking into a cemera is a very natural thing these days and will become more so... kids have a habbit of picking up stuff like this naturally... especially when they're obviously surrounded by people who walk around talking to their cameras all day. :)

we realized in a moment that as soon as Justin learns to upload videos on the internet, private moments like this with mel and i sitting around in pajamas, giving ourselves beauty treatments while typing on our comps will easily become exposed! (from now on all zit therapy sessions will take place behind closed and locked doors!)

Don't worry.... a) we don't want to see it anyway... b) by that time the web will be so overloaded by the mundane and awesome everyday moments that you're really really have to do something spectacular to pull a "star wars kid".

I say get him started NOW, get him started early... by the time he's reached the technical level of competence to really embarace you he'll understand the whole ediquette of being a vlogger. Besides you can always embarace him a few times. :)

i just thought i would share with all of you how easy it is for little kids to pick up on vlogging, i.e., talk about your own vids and give them a mini dv for their birthdays!

I wish I had some kids to push my wicked agenda's on, but for the time being I'll just have to corrupt my niece... hmmm.... 3 year old video blogger?

-Mike
mmeiser.com/blog
evilvlog.com

-brainy