> The idea here is that people who subscribe to The PAN are trusting us to provide 15 minutes of *Really Good* stuff, so they won't need them as separate chunks.

You should at least provide better text descriptions on the site and
in the feed. This will make it easier to trust that you are really
providing 15 min. of good stuff. Right now, I have no idea what stuff
is there until after I've viewed. Text descriptions are too often
overlooked by videobloggers. They are really helpful to the viewer
deciding if they want to download and also to search engines to help
make your content more findable.

I agree with most of this.  If it proves to be true that viewers won't watch a video until they've read something about it, we'll probably have to rethink our presentation.  Although Rocketboom, Bottomunion, Human-Dog, etc. haven't seemed to have had a problem with a lack of text.  We provide a list of the individual creators featured in the video, with links, so that's enough to get you started.  But like I said, time will tell...

> Plus 15 minutes is not that much for most commuters, who are a good portion of iPod video watchers.  If you're watching the PAN in the morning on your way to work, you can stop it halfway through when you get to the office, then when you take lunch or go home at night, restart it right where you left off.

I guess that's a matter of opinion. I can't watch 15 min. of hardly
anything. I always prefer shorter bits to longer ones.

Right, totally.  It just so happens that this 15 minutes is a video doppelganger of what's going on inside my head a lot of the time, so it's a blast for me to watch it, and I usually want it to run longer when I see it.  It's an interesting combination of content.

Individual Fireant Use
Explains