Well said Bev.

I'd also like to add that Raymond makes these tiny little video clips that last between 2 and 30 second.  It is what it is... and I think everything has a validity. Though we should feel free to explore use case scenarios for these different lenght media let's try to set our personal bias a side. Everyone's opinion and everyone's choice of video lenght are equally as valid.

-Mike

On Jan 16, 2006, at 2:12 PM, BevSykes wrote:

>>short, long... whatever.  its not even worth debating since the wide audience consists of many different preferences.  why ask why and all that.  <<
Glad to hear you say that.  My own feeling is that if it's done well, it will hold my attention no matter how long.  Deirdre Straughan had one the other day that was a car trip to Dallas, the sort of thing that would usually turn me off very soon (how interesting can Texas highways be, anyway??), but it was so cleverly done, with great background music that I enjoyed the whole thing.

Minnesota Stories generally last longer than a few minutes and are delightful.

Bicycle Sidewalk is generally fun to watch, as are Ravi's Drive Time interviews -- and I can't figure out why I'm so taken with Carl Weaver's dry, offbeat humor

By the same token, there are some very brief "artsy fartsy" kinds of videos that don't do a thing for me, though when they are clever I can be impressed.

Like Sull, I think it's all a matter of taste and everybody's tastes are different.  I prefer something that shows me something I haven't seen before or presents something familiar in a new light.  I also like videos that give me a glimpse into someone's life, like Susan's KityKity, or Doug's glimpse into his world in Providence, RI or Missbhavens life in New York.