Just so that what I mean is clearer ...

That block of text can appear WITH the origional content (not simply
in place of it).  That way old permalinks that dont get updated can
still find the content - and a handy reminder that they're at an
out-dated url.

(Although you could do something more advanced with JavaScript to
redirect individual old permalinks to their new location on the new
site, it would be a much bigger deal (you'd have to have a page at the
new site that would do some work and basically map old permalinks to
new ones).  My personal thought is that it would be easiest to put up
a banner "we've moved" sign, but still leave the old content available
... that way old links and cached feed entries will still be valid.)

--
http://www.DavidMeade.com